CUSTOM DISTILLING & BOTTLING
Learn more about our flexible and sophisticated custom distilling program below. You may also download as a PDF.
OUR DISTLLING BY THE NUMBERS
Bardstown Bourbon Company’s custom distilling program provides access to consultation with our distillers, creating a transparent relationship with the team of operators.
This approach is fundamental to our core company philosophy of collaboration and transparency. Additionally, this completely unique and inclusive process allows our customers to create alongside us, providing both an education component and the capacity for true innovation.
So how do we do it?
OUR SKILLED, EXPERIENCED TEAM
- Bourbon Hall of Famer
- More than 40 years experience in distilling industry
- Master Distiller at Maker’s Mark for 18 years
Chief Operating Officer
- Former Master Distiller at Barton 1792 Distillery/Sazerac
- Progressive roles at Quaker Oats/PepsiCo in innovation, process improvement and project management
- Decorated Green Beret
- Bardstown native and BBCo Team Member since Day One
- Former Distillery Supervisor, Jim Beam
- Numerous management roles at BBC including engineering, operations, technology
Executive Director of Manufacturing Operations
- 15 year vet of the bourbon industry
- Operations and Management positions at Heaven Hill and Barton 1792 Distillery/Sazerac
- Experienced in all areas of distilling, from procurement to product development to bottling
VP Product Development
- Classically-trained musician and teacher-turned-beverage expert
- Shepherds product development process for BBC’s branded products and collaborations
- Certified Sommelier, Executive Bourbon Steward, created BBC’s tour, bar and beverage programs
- 15 years of process control and automation
- Highly diverse background from mining, military, and telecommunications
- Oversaw multiple efficiency and production projects here that doubled distillate output while reducing cost per OPG for utilities significantly
The neural center of our distilling
Process control is key to producing a high-quality bourbon whiskey distillate and Bardstown Bourbon Company’s open source scalable SCADA platform Ignition has allowed internal programmers to design a system that efficiently controls processes, tracks and displays key data points, and allows us to analyze all captured data without limits.
It’s a highly automated, state-of-the-art system that allows us to provide unmatched and unprecedented flexibility, transparency, and control of the whiskey production process.
The software control package implemented at Bardstown Bourbon Company is the first to be commissioned in the spirits industry and its adoption in this space has received national press attention. Ignition is just another example of Bardstown Bourbon Company continuing to push the technological boundaries while respecting the art of bourbon whiskey production.
OUR 100% CUSTOMIZABLE PROCESSES
This is some of what we do for over 25 award-winning domestic and international brands
READY TO LEARN MORE?
Contact Susie Garvin, Director of Distillery Sales, directly at email@example.com. Note: this is for custom distilling sales ONLY – do not contact for general inquiries.
© 2020 Bardstown Bourbon Company. All rights reserved. Never Stand Still ™
Please Drink Responsibly. To learn about responsible consumption, please visit the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility